ASACLEAN™ NCH GRADE EXTRUSION PURGING INSTRUCTIONS For Resins 175°C – 360°C (345°F – 680°F)
- Empty the system of the production resin, and make sure the feed areas are clean. Do not remove the die.
- If the changeover or cleaning is known to be difficult, flush the machine by running 1-4 system volumes of clean, natural extrusion grade HDPE.
- Add Asaclean NCH at normal screw speed until the purge begins to extrude uniformly from the die.
- With the screw turning at minimum controllable rpm, allow for a 5 minute heat soak. Asaclean NCH is heat activated, so expansion will occur during the heat soak (if sealing, turn off all heaters with the system full of Asaclean NCH).
- Purge the machine of the Asaclean NCH.
- If contamination is observed as the last of the Asaclean NCH leaves the system, repeat steps 3-5.
If increased effectiveness is required, increase temperatures downstream of the extruder and/or increase soak time up to 30 minutes. Do not exceed 360°C (680°F).
- If heats have been raised, set temperature profile to the next resin process conditions and, when safe, displace the Asaclean NCH with the next resin.
- Begin production under normal processing conditions.