ASACLEAN™ NCT GRADE EXTRUSION PURGING INSTRUCTIONS For High Heat Resins 175°C – 360°C (345°F – 680°F)
- Empty the system of production resin. Do NOT remove die.
- Make sure feed areas are clean.
- Flush the machine by running 1-4 system volumes of clean, natural HMW-HDPE. Run system empty.
- Add Asaclean NCT at normal screw speed until the purge extrudes uniformly from the die.
- Soak the system with the screw turning at minimum controllable rpm for 20-30 minutes (if sealing, turn off all heaters with the system full of Asaclean NCT).
If transitioning to a resin with a lower processing temperature, stay at initial operating conditions until the system is clean. Asaclean NCT is heat activated and works best in the 260⁰C – 315⁰C (500⁰F – 600⁰F) range.
- Empty system.
- If contamination is visible as the last of the Asaclean NCT exits the die, repeat steps 4-6.
- Set temperature profile for next resin to run.
- When safe, displace the Asaclean NCT with the next resin.
- Begin production under normal processing conditions.