ASACLEAN™ NCT GRADE INJECTION MOLDING PURGING INSTRUCTIONS For High Heat Resins 175°C – 360°C (345°F – 680°F)
Note: This grade is NOT recommended for hot runner purging.
- Retract screw and barrel from the mold. Empty the system of the production resin, and make sure the feed areas are clean.
- Flush the machine with 1-4 barrel volumes of HMW-HDPE.
- Empty screw and barrel.
- Add Asaclean NCT at normal screw speed until the purge extrudes from the nozzle.
- Continue to extrude at minimum controllable rpm for a 10 – 20 minute heat soak. Asaclean NCT is heat activated, so expansion will occur during the heat soak (if sealing, turn off all heaters with the system full of Asaclean NCT).
If transitioning to a resin with a lower processing temperature, please stay at initial operating conditions until the system is clean.
- Empty screw and barrel at normal screw speed. If contamination is observed as the last of the Asaclean NCT exits the machine, repeat steps 4-6.
- Change temperatures for next resin.
- When safe, displace the Asaclean NCT with the next resin.
- Begin production under normal processing conditions.