SX Grade – High Temperature
Purging Compound For High-Temperature Resin
SX Grade is a high-temperature purging compound for thermoplastic injection molding and extrusion machines. SX Grade is designed to maintain thermal stability at high-processing temperatures while facilitating material and color changes.
SX Grade Purging Compound Features
- Maintains thermal stability at high processing temperatures.
SX Grade is olefinic-based and uniquely suitable for purging super-engineering resins above 300°C (570°F).
- SX Grade purges super-engineering resins.
The SX Grade purging compound is used exclusively for super-engineering resins such as PPS, PEEK, LCP and Ultem. (VICTREXⓇ recommends SX Grade for VICTREX PEEK™ polymers.)
SX Grade Purging Compound Applications*
|SX||See our other grades|
|Color Changes||EX, UP, HP, U, E, PF, PX2, NB, NC, NF, NH|
|Material Changes||EX, UP, U, E, PF, PX2, NB, NC, NF, NH|
|Hot Runner Cleaning||UP, HP, U, E, PF, NH|
|Shutdown/Sealing||UP, HP, U, E, PF, NB, NC|
|Clear/Low Residue Applications||E|
|High Temperature Resins||EX, PF, PX2|
|Low Temperature Resins||E|
|Carbon/Color Contamination||U, EX, PX2, NF, NH|
Tips For Proper Usage Of SX Grade ASACLEAN
- For maximum performance, ASACLEAN should not be diluted with other materials.
- ASACLEAN does not work by chemical reaction, so there is no soak time or hold-up time required for an effective purge.
- ASACLEAN works best with maximum agitation – use the maximum safe screw speed and, for thermoplastic injection molding, also use maximum safe back pressure with the screw in the most forward position. (Mechanical Purge Grades)
- SX Grade should not be left idle in the machine at temperatures above 370°C (700°F) for any amount of time, as decomposition may occur. (Mechanical Purge Grades)
- Keep the barrel full of SX Grade at all times to prevent oxygen from entering the barrel. Excess oxygen will accelerate material decomposition/carbon formation and could potentially result in fire if at the higher end of the recommended temperature range.
- To minimize the potential of excessive smoke while purging, it is recommended that a bucket of water be kept near the machine. Place SX Grade purge piles in water immediately after coming back from the nozzle.
- If processing temperatures are at or near the maximum recommended temperature for the SX Grade, low-to-medium back pressure and screw speed are recommended.
10-Minute Purging Compound Customer Service Support
When you contact ASACLEAN online for a sample, a sales order or a customer service request, you are guaranteed to receive a phone call or email response in 10 minutes or less after we receive your email.
Our 10-Minute Turnaround works because we only staff Purging Process Experts: You don’t have to endure frustrating transfers or long waits on hold, because the person on the phone can answer all of your questions.
Even if you need to contact us after business hours, our online chat support sends an email directly to a Purging Process Expert who will contact you the following business day.
Ready to learn more about ASACLEAN purging compound products and services? Click here to schedule your free, 10-minute consultation with a Purging Process Expert at ASACLEAN.