UP Grade – Polypropylene
UP Grade is an olefinic-based purging compound designed for polypropylene and polyethylene color/resin changes for thermoplastic injection molding and extrusion machines.
ASACLEAN’s UP Grade purging compound is especially suited for fast and effective purging of hot runner systems.
UP Grade Purging Compound Features
- Excellent compatibility to olefinic resins.
UP Grade’s polypropylene-based purging compound is a match for those olefinic-based agents in injection molding and extrusion.
- Easily displaced by olefinic resins.
UP Grade features high-level purging to and from polypropylene-based resins within the processing temperature range.
UP Grade Purging Compound Applications*
|UP||See our other grades|
|Color Changes||HP, U, EX, E, SX, PF, PX2, NB, NC, NF, NH|
|Material Changes||U, EX, E, SX, PF, PX2, NB, NC, NF, NH|
|Hot Runner Cleaning||HP, U, E, PF, NH|
|Shutdown/Sealing||HP, U, E, PF, NB, NC|
|Clear/Low Residue Applications||E|
|High Temperature Resins||EX, SX, PF, PX2|
|Low Temperature Resins||E|
|Carbon/Color Contamination||EX, U, PX2, NF, NH|
*UP Grade’s processing temperature is 170°C to 300°C (340° F to 570°F). UP Grade requires a 0.020″ (0.5 mm) clearance for hot runner gates and extrusion dies. (This works best if screen packs are removed; however, if not possible, use the maximum 100 mesh size.) Please connect with a Purging Process Expert for further information.
Tips For Proper Usage Of ASACLEAN
- For maximum performance, ASACLEAN should not be diluted with other materials.
- ASACLEAN does not work by chemical reaction, so there is no soak time or hold-up time required for an effective purge. (Mechanical Purge Grades)
- ASACLEAN works best with maximum agitation – use the maximum safe screw speed and, for thermoplastic injection molding, also use maximum safe back pressure with the screw in the most forward position. (Mechanical Purge Grades)
Purging Compound Process Resource Center
Running a purging compound through your thermoplastic injection molding machines and extruders isn’t always a straightforward task.
To supplement our onsite Clean & Lean Training program, we offer you a resource center featuring a library of training videos, guidelines, technical documentation and step-by-step instructions.
Our goal is to make sure answers to your purging compound questions are always within reach.
Ready to learn even more about ASACLEAN purging compound products and services? Click here to schedule your free, 10-minute consultation with a Purging Process Expert at ASACLEAN.