ASACLEAN™ PLUS GRADE EXTRUSION PURGING INSTRUCTIONS
For Resins 175°C – 360°C (345°F – 680°F)
- Empty the system of the current production resin, and make sure the feed areas are clean. Removal of die is optional.
- Best results are observed at 260°C – 315°C (500°F – 600°F). Do not exceed 360°C (680°F).
If purging a heat sensitive resin, do not exceed the safe processing temperature of the material. This purge procedure may need to be repeated at elevated temperatures to remove all contamination.
- There are two options to add Asaclean PLUS to the system
- Blend Asaclean PLUS at prescribed ratio (10-20%) with your next production resin or stiff extrusion grade HDPE and feed through hopper.
- Asaclean PLUS at prescribed let down ratio through color hopper/additive hopper or a gravimetric feeder.
Do not feed only ASACLEAN PLUS in barrel. It is designed to be used as a mixture with production resin and not by itself in the barrel.
- Introduce the blend containing Asaclean Purge into the system.
Note: if feed throat temperatures exceed 120°C (250°F), turn the screw continuously, at minimum controllable RPM during soak to prevent bridging.
- Soak the system with the screw turning at minimum controllable rpm for 10-15 minutes
- Purge the machine at normal screw speed.
- If contamination is still visible as the last of the ASACLEAN PLUS leaves the system, repeat steps 4-6.
- Set temperature profile for next production resin to run.
- When purging is complete displace the purge blend with the next production resin.
- It is recommended to replace the screen packs before production begins.
- Ensure equipment is at production settings and begin production under normal processing conditions.
Do not allow ASACLEAN PLUS grade to be left idle in barrel for more than 30 minutes at temperatures higher than 300 °C (570 °F).
Please read our Safety Data Sheet (SDS) before using Asaclean.