ASACLEAN™ NCR GRADE EXTRUSION PURGING INSTRUCTIONS For Resins 175°C – 360°C (345°F – 680°F)
- Empty the system of the production resin, and make sure the feed areas are clean. Do not remove the die.
- If possible, and safe, increase temperatures in all zones after the extruder by 55⁰C (100⁰F) above production temperature. Best results are observed at 260°C – 315°C (500°F – 600°F). Do not exceed 360°C (680°F).
If purging a heat sensitive resin, do not exceed the safe processing temperature of the material. This purge procedure may need to be repeated at elevated temperatures to remove all contamination.
- Flush the machine by running 1-4 system volumes of clean, natural extrusion grade HDPE that is at least as stiff as the production resin. Run system empty.
- Add Asaclean NCR at normal screw speed until the purge extrudes uniformly from the die.
- Soak the system with the screw turning at minimum controllable rpm for 20-30 minutes (if sealing, turn off all heaters with the system full of Asaclean NCR).
- Purge the machine of the Asaclean NCR at normal screw speed.
- If contamination is still visible as the last of the Asaclean NCR leaves the system, repeat steps 4-6.
- Set temperature profile for next resin to run.
- Wait 5 minutes with an empty barrel for the Asaclean NCR residue to break down.
- When safe, displace the Asaclean NCR with the next resin.
- Begin production under normal processing conditions.