EX Grade is ideal for hard to purge resins requiring maximum deposit removal.
With high detergency, the EX Grade purge compound is glass filled and styrene based, making it ideal for hard-to-purge resins requiring maximum deposit removal.
EX Grade is suitable for purging a wide variety of resins.
It efficiently purges, engineering and super-engineering resins within the processing temperature range.
- Ideal for hard-to-purge resins requiring maximum deposit removal
- Most powerful cleaner available
- Removes carbon and color contamination effectively
- Peels off easily during screw pulls
- Styrenic-based mechanical purge
- NOT recommended for hot runner cleaning and sealing due to its glass content
|Temperature Range||200°C to 330°C (390°F to 625°F)*|
|Minimum Clearance||Please speak to a Technical Sales Representative for further information on hot runner gate and extrusion die clearances.|
|Amount of Purge||Typically 1-2 system capacities (actual amount depends on degree of contamination)|
|Applications||Injection Molding | Extrusion - profile, sheet, cast film & compounding
|Types of Resin||Most commodity and engineering resins within the processing temperature range|
- For maximum performance, Asaclean® EX Grade should not be diluted with other materials.
- Asaclean® EX Grade does not work by chemical reaction, so there is no soak time or hold-up time required for an effective purge.
- Asaclean® EX Grade works best with maximum agitation - use the maximum safe screw speed and, for thermoplastic injection molding, also use maximum safe back pressure with the screw in the most forward position.
|Color||Milky white - light yellow|
|Other Solvent Solubility||Soluble in methyl ethyl ketone, cyclohexanone, etc. (except inorganic content)|
|Stability||Stable under normal temperatures|
|Reactivity||Non-reactive under normal handling and storage conditions|
|Conditions to Avoid||Do not exceed recommended temperature range.
Do not allow Asaclean® EX Grade to reside in barrel for ANY period of time at ANY temperature.
|Specific Gravity||1.48 at 23°C (73°F)|
|Softening Point||130°C (266°F)|
|Autoignition Temp||490°C (914°F)|
Please Note: The above data should be used for reference only.
*If processing between 330°C to 360°C (625°F to 680°F), local ventilation is required.