E Grade – Low Residue/Temperature
E Grade is a purging compound for thermoplastic injection molding and extruder machines. E Grade is especially designed for residue-sensitive or low-temperature resins.
E Grade leaves very little residue behind while facilitating color and material changes. E Grade is ideal for shutdown and sealing applications to ensure fast and clean machine start-ups.
E Grade Purging Compound Features
- Specially designed for low-residue, low-temperature resins.
E Grade has a low-residue formulation, and purges most commodity and engineering resins within the processing temperature range.
- May be used in conjunction with other purging compound grades.
Whenever low residue is crucial, E Grade makes an excellent chaser to any other ASACLEAN “scrubbing grades” to ensure maximum cleaning with minimum residue.
E Grade Purging Compound Applications*
|E||See our other grades|
|Color Changes||EX, UP, HP, U, SX, PF, PX2, NB, NC, NF,NH|
|Material Changes||EX, UP, U, SX, PF, PX2, NB, NC, NF,NH|
|Hot Runner Cleaning||UP, HP, U, PF, NH|
|Shutdown/Sealing||UP, HP, U, PF, NB, NC|
|Clear/Low Residue Applications|
|High Temperature Resins||EX, SX, PF, PX2|
|Low Temperature Resins|
|Carbon/Color Contamination||EX, U, PX2, NF,NH|
*E Grade’s processing temperature is 160°C to 300°C (320°F to 570°F). E Grade has no minimum hot runner gate clearance nor extrusion die or mesh clearance requirement. Please connect with a Purging Process Expert for further information.
Tips For Proper Usage Of ASACLEAN
- For maximum performance, ASACLEAN should not be diluted with other materials.
- ASACLEAN does not work by chemical reaction, so there is no soak time or hold-up time required for an effective purge. (Mechanical Purge Grades)
- ASACLEAN works best with maximum agitation – use the maximum safe screw speed and, for thermoplastic injection molding, also use maximum safe back pressure with the screw in the most forward position. (Mechanical Purge Grades)
Purging Compound Process Pinpoint Diagnosis
When you run into a problem with residue, high reject rate or carbon buildup, you can’t afford lots of downtime in your production process.
Enter: ASACLEAN’s Process Pinpoint Diagnosis.
Your Purging Process Expert is usually able to diagnose whether it’s a machine or contamination issue after having a conversation over the phone. Your expert doesn’t just analyze symptoms, but adopts a holistic approach to your entire process.
Once we diagnose the root-cause issue, we send you a purging compound sample and detailed instructions so you can test out the new solution.
Ready to learn even more about ASACLEAN purging compound products and services? Click here to schedule your free, 10-minute consultation with a Purging Process Expert at ASACLEAN.