PF Grade – High Temperature
Purging Compound For Thermal Stability
PF Grade purging compound is specifically formulated for super-engineering resins at processing temperatures of up to 420°C (790°F). PF Grade is suitable for hot runner cleaning and may be used as a sealing material during machine shutdowns within temperature ranges of 280°C to 370°C (535°F to 700°F) due to its superior thermal stability.
PF Grade Purging Compound Features
- High-temperature, superior cleaning power.
PF Grade maintains excellent thermal stability at high processing temperatures, making it suitable for hot runner cleaning. This purging compound is also used for sealing.
- PF Grade is exclusively used for purging super-engineering resins.
Due to its superior thermal stability, PF Grade purging compound should be used for resins such as PPS and PEI.
PF Grade Purging Compound Applications*
|PF||See our other grades|
|Color Changes||EX, UP, HP, U, E, PX2, NB, NC, NF, NH|
|Material Changes||EX, UP, U, E, SX, PX2, NB, NC, NF, NH|
|Hot Runner Cleaning||UP, HP, U, E, NH|
|Shutdown/Sealing||UP, HP, U, E, NB, NC|
|Clear/Low Residue Applications||E|
|High Temperature Resins||EX, PX2|
|Low Temperature Resins||E|
|Carbon/Color Contamination||EX, U, PX2, NF, NH|
*PF Grade’s processing temperature is 280°C to 420°C (535°F to 790°F). PF Grade requires a 0.020″ (0.5 mm) clearance for runner gates and extrusion dies; 100 mesh is required for extrusion screen packs. Please connect with a Purging Process Expert for further information.
Tips For Proper Usage Of ASACLEAN
- For maximum performance, ASACLEAN should not be diluted with other materials.
- ASACLEAN does not work by chemical reaction, so there is no soak time or hold-up time required for an effective purge. (Mechanical Purge Grades)
- ASACLEAN works best with maximum agitation – use the maximum safe screw speed and, for thermoplastic injection molding, also use maximum safe back pressure with the screw in the most forward position. (Mechanical Purge Grades)
Purging Compound Process Pinpoint Diagnosis
When you run into a problem with residue, high reject rate or carbon buildup, you can’t afford lots of downtime in your production process.
Enter: ASACLEAN’s Process Pinpoint Diagnosis.
Your Purging Process Expert is usually able to diagnose whether it’s a machine or contamination issue after having a conversation over the phone. Your expert doesn’t just analyze symptoms, but adopts a holistic approach to your entire process.
Once we diagnose the root-cause issue, we send you a purging compound sample and detailed instructions so you can test out the new solution.
Ready to learn even more about ASACLEAN purging compounds and services? Click here to schedule your free, 10-minute consultation with a Purging Process Expert at ASACLEAN.