UF2 Grade – Expanding General Purpose
UF2 Grade is a versatile, high-performance purging compound especially suited for color and material changes for thermoplastic injection molding, extrusion molding, & blown film extrusion machines.
UF2 Grade Purging Compound Features
- Suitable for both blown and cast film extrusion applications as well as injection molding.
- Can be purged through die without removing it.
- Effectively removes gels and contamination that is not carbonized.
- Excellent compatibility with PE Resins.
UF2 Grade purging compound is also recommended for hot runner cleaning, as well as sealing and shutting down machines to prevent carbon on start-ups.
UF2 Grade Purging Compound Applications*
|UF2||See our other grades|
|Color Changes||EX, UP, HP, U, E, SX, PF, NB, NC, NF, NH|
|Material Changes||EX, UP, U, E, SX, PF, NB, NC, NF, NH|
|Hot Runner Cleaning||UP, HP, U, E, PF, NH|
|Shutdown/Sealing||UP, HP, U, E, PF, NB, NC|
|High Temperature Resins||EX, SX, PF|
|Low Temperature Resins||E|
|Carbon/Color Contamination||EX, U, NF, NH|
*UF2 Grade’s processing temperature is 170°C to 320°C (340°F to 608°F UF2 Grade requires 0.0004.” (0.01 mm) clearance for hot runner gates and extrusion dies; 200-mesh is required for extrusion screen packs when only 1 layer of mesh is used. Please connect with a Purging Process Expert for further information.
Tips For Proper Usage Of UF2 Grade ASACLEAN
- For maximum performance, ASACLEAN should not be diluted with other materials.
- ASACLEAN does not work by chemical reaction, so there is no soak time or hold-up time required for an effective purge.
- ASACLEAN works best with maximum agitation – use the maximum safe screw speed and, for thermoplastic injection molding, also use maximum safe back pressure with the screw in the most forward position. (Mechanical Purge Grades)
Purging Compound Process Pinpoint Diagnosis
When you run into a problem with residue, high reject rate or carbon buildup, you can’t afford lots of downtime in your production process.
Enter: ASACLEAN’s Process Pinpoint Diagnosis.
Your Purging Process Expert is usually able to diagnose whether it’s a machine or contamination issue after having a conversation over the phone. Your expert doesn’t just analyze symptoms, but adopts a holistic approach to your entire process.
Once we diagnose the root-cause issue, we send you a purging compound sample and detailed instructions so you can test out the new solution.
Ready to learn even more about ASACLEAN purging compounds and services? Click here to schedule your free, 10-minute consultation with a Purging Process Expert at ASACLEAN.