General purpose meets high performance.
NCR Grade is arguably the best Chemical Purging Compound on the market. It excels in extrusion, hot runners, and other low flow / low pressure environments and offers excellent cleaning power without residue.
Purges most commodity and engineering resins.
NCR Grade easily purges most production resins across a wide processing temperature range. NCR quickly removes contamination, facilitates easier changeovers, and is easily displaced by your next resin.
- High-performance, general purpose grade
- Designed for color & material changes
- Strong cleaning action in extrusion
- Ideal for applications involving low flow or low pressure environments where foaming action is critical
- Polyethylene-based purge
- Effective when used for shutdown and sealing to prevent buildup
- Short soak for maximum effectiveness
- Color Changeovers
- Material Changeovers
- Color/Carbon Contamination
- Shutdown and Sealing
- Hot Runner Cleaning
- Preventative Purging
- Clear/ Low Reside Applications
- High Temperature Applications
- Low Temperature Applications
- Screw Pulls
|Temperature Range||175°C to 360°C (345°F to 680°F)|
|Minimum Clearance||No minimum hot runner gate clearance requirement nor extrusion die or mesh clearance requirement.|
|Amount of Purge||Typically 1-2 system capacities (actual amount depends on degree of contamination)|
|Applications||Extrusion - profile, sheet, cast film & compounding
Injection Molding - including hot runners
|Types of Resin||Most commodity and engineering grade resins within the processing temperature range|
- Purge at shutdown on Friday for a trouble-free startup on Monday.
- Soak 10-30 minutes, depending on specific application.
- Maximum cleaning achieved at 260°C to 315°C (500°F to 600°F) within the processing temperature range.
|Color||Transparency and white are mixed|
|Other Solvent Solubility||Insoluble for organic solvent under normal temperature|
|Stability||Stable under normal temperatures|
|Reactivity||Non-reactive under normal handling and storage conditions|
|Conditions to Avoid||Do not exceed recommended temperature range.
Do not allow Asaclean® NCR Grade to reside in barrel for more than 30 minutes at temperatures higher than 300°C (570°F).
|Specific Gravity||1.07 at 23°C (73°F)|
|Softening Point||120°C (248°F)|
|Autoignition Temp||400°C (752°F)|
Please Note: The above data should be used for reference only.