Produces low levels of smoke and odor.
PX2 Grade generates low levels of smoke and odor across the entire operating temperature range of 280°C to 420°C (535°F to 790°F).
PX2 Grade features superior cleaning power.
This purging compound grade is used exclusively for purging super-engineering, high-temperature resins such as PPS, PEEK, LCP and PEI.
|Temperature Range||280°C to 420°C (535°F to 790°F)|
|Minimum Clearance||Please speak to a Technical Sales Representative for further information on hot runner gate and extrusion die clearances.|
|Amount of Purge||Typically 1-2 system capacities (actual amount depends on degree of contamination)|
Extrusion - profile, sheet, cast film & compounding
|Types of Resin||Exclusively used for purging super-engineering resins such as PPS, PEEK, ULTEM, LCP, PEI, etc.|
- For maximum performance, Asaclean® PX2 Grade should not be diluted with other materials.
- Asaclean® PX2 Grade does not work by chemical reaction, so there is no soak time or hold-up time required for an effective purge.
- PX2 Grade should not be left idle in the machine at any temperature for any period of time.
- For nozzle hang-up or check ring cleaning (carbon and/or color deposits), use short, high-velocity shots.
- Do NOT use PX2 Grade for hot runner cleaning and sealing due to its glass content.
|Color||Milky white - light yellow|
|Other Solvent Solubility||Soluble in aromatic and ester solvents (except for inorganic content)|
|Stability||Stable under normal temperatures|
|Reactivity||Non-reactive under normal handling and storage conditions|
|Conditions to Avoid||Do not exceed recommended temperature range.
Do not allow Asaclean® PX2 Grade to reside in barrel for ANY period of time at ANY temperature.
|Specific Gravity||1.61 at 23°C (73°F)|
|Softening Point||150°C (302°F)|
|Autoignition Temp||520°C (968°F)|
Please Note: The above data should be used for reference only.