General purpose meets high performance.
U Grade's styrenic-based cleaning power approaches that of our strongest scrubber, EX Grade, but without the glass filler. This makes U Grade ideal for applications that require higher detergency while maintaining lower residue.
Purges most commodity and engineering resins.
U Grade has a wide service temperature range encompassing most commodity, engineering and super-engineering resins, eliminating the need for multiple upgrades.
U Grade purging compound is also recommended for hot runner cleaning, as well as sealing and shutting down machines to prevent carbon on start-ups.
- Ideal for color/material changes
- Safe for hot runner systems
- Optimized for shutdown & sealing
- Removes carbon contamination
- High performance/general purpose grade
- Styrenic-based mechanical purge
- No chemical reaction
- No soak time required
- Color Changeovers
- Material Changeovers
- Color/Carbon Contamination
- Shutdown and Sealing
- Hot Runner Cleaning
- Preventative Purging
- Clear/ Low Reside Applications
- High Temperature Applications
- Low Temperature Applications
- Screw Pulls
|Temperature Range||180°C to 330°C (355°F to 625°F)*|
|Minimum Clearance||0.5 mm (.020") for hot runner gates & extrusion dies;
for extrusion screen packs, nothing finer than 100-me sh
screen packs may be used.
|Amount of Purge||Typically 1-2 system capacities (actual amount
depends on degree of contamination)
|Applications||Injection Molding - including hot runners
Extrusion - profile, sheet, cast film & compounding
|Types of Resin||Most commodity and engineering resins within
the processing temperature range
- For maximum performance, Asaclean® U Grade should not be diluted with other materials.
- Asaclean® U Grade does not work by chemical reaction, so there is no soak time or hold-up time required for an effective purge.
- Asaclean® U Grade works best with maximum agitation. Use the maximum safe screw speed and, for thermoplastic injection molding, also use maximum safe back pressure with the screw in the most forward position.
|Color||Milky white - light yellow|
|Other Solvent Solubility||Soluble in methyl ethyl ketone, cyclohexanone, etc. (except for inorganic content)|
|Stability||Stable under normal temperatures|
|Reactivity||Non-reactive under normal handling and storage conditions|
|Conditions to Avoid||Do not exceed recommended temperature range. Do not allow Asaclean® U Grade to reside in barrel for more than 30 minutes at temperatures higher than 280°C (535°F).|
|Specific Gravity||1.25 at 23°C (73°F)|
|Softening Point||130°C (266°F)|
|Autoignition Temp||490°C (914°F)|
Please Note: The above data should be used for reference only.
*If processing between 330°C to 360°C (625°F to 680°F), local ventilation is required.