Excellent compatibility with PE Resins.
UF2 is a great choice for PE processors. Customers trust UF2 Grade for consistent, dependable color & material changes.
Safe & Effective for Purging Dies & Hot Runners.
UF2 is a favorite for sheet and blown film. It holds a bubble in film, and quickly clears the edges of you die in sheet extrusion. Molders using hot runners also love UF2 for it’s consistent cleaning power regardless of gate sizes.
- Suitable for blown/cast film extrusion applications
- Can be purged through die without removing it
- Excellent compatibility with PE resins
- Effectively removes gels and contamination that is not carbonized
- Cleaning for polyethylene color/material changes
- Holds a bubble in blown-film
- No chemical reaction
- No soak time required
|Temperature Range||170°C to 320°C (340°F to 610°F)|
|Minimum Clearance||Requires 0.01 mm (0.0004") clearance for hot runner gates and extrusion dies; 200-mesh is required for extrusion screen packs when only 1 layer of mesh is used.|
|Amount of Purge||Typically 1-2 system capacities (actual amount depends on degree of contamination)|
|Applications||Injection Molding - including hot runners
Extrusion - profile, sheet, cast film & compounding
|Types of Resin||Purging to and from polyethylene-based resins within the processing temperature range|
- For maximum performance, Asaclean® UF2 Grade should not be diluted with other materials.
- Asaclean® UF2 Grade does not work by chemical reaction, so there is no soak time or hold-up time required for an effective purge.
- Asaclean® UF2 Grade works best with maximum agitation. Use the maximum safe screw speed and, for thermoplastic injection molding, also use maximum safe back pressure with the screw in the most forward position.
|Color||Transparency and white are mixed|
|Other Solvent Solubility||Insoluble for organic solvent under normal temperature|
|Stability||Stable under normal temperatures|
|Reactivity||Non-reactive under normal handling and storage conditions|
|Conditions to Avoid||Do not exceed recommended temperature range.
Do not allow Asaclean® UF2 Grade to reside in barrel for more than 30 minutes at temperatures higher than 280°C (535°F).
|Specific Gravity||0.95 at 23°C (73°F)|
|Softening Point||130°C to 135°C (266°F to 275°F)|
|Autoignition Temp||400°C (752°F)|
Please Note: The above data should be used for reference only.