Excellent compatibility to olefinic resins.
UP Grade's polypropylene-based purging compound is a match for those olefinic-based agents in injection molding and extrusion.
Easily displaced by olefinic resins.
UP Grade features high-level purging to and from polypropylene-based resins within the processing temperature range.
- Cleaning for color/material change prior to polyolefin processing
- Hot runner cleaning for open or closed mold
- Easily displaced by olefinic resins
- Excellent compatibility with olefinic resins
- No soak time required
- Shutdown sealant prior to polyolefin processing to aid in the prevention of contamination
- Polypropylene-based mechanical purge compound
- No chemical reaction
|Temperature Range||170°C to 300°C (340°F to 570°F)|
|Minimum Clearance||0.5 mm (.020") clearance for hot runner gates and extrusion dies; works best with screen packs removed. If screen pack removal is not possible, use the max 100 mesh size.|
|Amount of Purge||Typically 1-2 system capacities (actual amount depends on degree of contamination)|
|Applications||Injection Molding - including hot runners
Extrusion - profile, sheet, cast film & compounding
|Types of Resin||Purging to and from polyethylene-based resins within the processing temperature range|
- For maximum performance, Asaclean® UP Grade should not be diluted with other materials.
- Asaclean® UP Grade does not work by chemical reaction, so there is no soak time or hold-up time required for an effective purge.
- Asaclean® UP Grade works best with maximum agitation. Use the maximum safe screw speed and, for thermoplastic injection molding, also use maximum safe back pressure with the screw in the most forward position.
|Color||Milky white - light yellow|
|Other Solvent Solubility||Insoluble for organic solvent under normal temperature|
|Stability||Stable under normal temperatures|
|Reactivity||Non-reactive under normal handling and storage conditions|
|Conditions to Avoid||Do not exceed recommended temperature range.
Do not allow Asaclean® UP Grade to reside in barrel for more than 30 minutes at temperatures higher than 280°C (535°F).
|Specific Gravity||1.09 at 23°C (73°F)|
|Softening Point||154°C to 164°C (309°F to 327°F)|
|Autoignition Temp||390°C (734°F)|
Please Note: The above data should be used for reference only.